Thursday, March 11, 2010

Welcome to my chaos

Hello all
So here I am sitting at my kitchen table looking around at the three loads of laundry that needs to be folded, the dishes that need to be loaded into the dishwasher and the cheerios on the floor. Sound like your house? I hope so, I can't be the only one who lives like this can I?

It's spring break here, 2 weeks of no school and since I work in school aged childcare that means 2 weeks of full days full of up to 20 6 - 11 yr olds all day at work and then my own 2 at home and I'm in the third trimester of this pregnancy.... long story short unless I find a house elf in my back yard the cheerios are staying on the floor.

In the next 2 months we have a lot of work to do around here. We currently have 900 square feet, 2 bedrooms, 2 kids, 2 cats and a dog, things are getting cramped so we are adding on, problem is our back yard is somewhat of a swamp until mid April and we can't start building until it dries up a bit but then oh how wonderful it will be to put my 7 yr old and all his toys into a room I can close the door to and not go in unless something starts to smell. The babies are going to share the room DS and DD have been in, but it's getting smaller, in order to have a back door still we will need to build a hallway between the existing kids room and DS's new room and did I mention we also need to put a new window into a different wall in our room. All this has to be done before I can even think about sorting baby clothes and setting up beds. May is going to be nuts and honestly not really looking forward to the process, wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment